1. We are the Skull Garrison, we stand by our values of Honor and Respect. There is a Skull inside all of us meaning that we are one and the same. We live to serve and serve to live. We are the Skull Garrison and we'll be Skulls till the End!

Donations for Boston Marathon bombings.

Tema en 'Mandalorian Mercs News' iniciado por Mando Mercs News, 17 Abr 2013.

1. Mando Mercs News

Mando Mercs News Usuario registrado

They've set up a fund, called One Fund Boston, to collect donations to support the victims, their families, and anyone else effected by the explosions on Monday.

I'm working with the 501st and Rebel Legions to collect donations, which I'm going to send to One Fund Boston as a large group donation in the name of the two groups.

If anyone in the MMCC wants to donate, please Paypal any amount to: tb4191@gmail.com. In the subject line, please put "Boston Marathon Assistance" and we can include the MMCC's name in with the donation.

---------

Thank you all for your kind words and positive thoughts over the last 2 days. Here's my story if you want to read it:

We started the day at First Aid Station 1 in Ashland (mile 3.3). After the last runners passed us, our station was closed, and we were relocated to Station 20 father down the course.

Station 20 is at Cleveland Circle (mile 22.4 out of 26.2). We knew something went wrong when (across the street from us), 20 Boston Police motorcycles and 30 Boston Police bicycles (who were just standing around) quickly mobilized and headed towards downtown. We were given the direction that the race was to end at mile 25. After giving this news to runners who passed our location, many became discouraged, and gave up.

Our first aid station was relocated to Boston College, where they were busing "non-finishing runners" to that they collected from Stations 11 through 24. They opened up the church / chapel as a relief center. No major medical issues (only 1 ambulance transport), but mostly just getting folks warm, and fed (BC dining facilities started cranking out pizzas and pasta). We had a tremendous police presence at our location, more for the safety of the runners, and as a staging area for Copley Square (Finish Line).

We were finally released from our assignment around 8pm after all the runners collected (about 500) were sent via police motorcade and 8 school buses to the Boston Common (near the finish line) to collect their things, and then transported back to their various hotels.

This was my 10th year volunteering at the marathon (all at Red Cross first aid stations). Many of the previous years all blend together, but Monday (wow, that was only 2 days ago?!?) will stand out in my mind forever.

Continúar leyendo...

Compartir esta página